Thursday, May 7, 2009

Prime Reading

Book Review of Numbers Up by Kevin Clark


Impulse buying at the C.H.A.P.L.E.T. homeschooling conference led me to buy this novel which is clearly a Catholic response to the work of the infamous Dan Brown. The murder victim even wrote the name "DAN" in his own blood, instead of writing an intricate serious of impossible clues like in The DaVinci code. The two victims characterize the difference between the books. Numbers Up is straightforward, plausible, and concise whereas The DaVinci Code is obtuse, incredulous and verbose. Following the detective work of Paul Ondracek, into the murder of a famous mathematician, was a thrilling yet all to brief adventure involving many of the intellectual challenges of the modern era. At the end, I only wished for another hundred pages.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

cool! Can I borrow it sometime? I need something new to read...

Kevin Clark said...

I'm glad you liked the book. Do you mind if I mention it's available from Seton Press at www.setonbooks.com?

Regards,
Kevin Clark

JimmyV said...

No! Oh wait, I guess you already did mention it. I love advertising for good companies so it can stay.