Monday, May 4, 2009

Big surprise

Well, Arlen Specter has finally announced that he is a Democrat. I am soooooo surprised. I do appreciate his work on the Senate Judiciary Committee but I don't know of any other accomplishment that was actually helpful to advancing culture. Of course, I take great affront with him putting down Rick Santorum who saved his bacon in the primary against Toomey. But he has been in the Senate since I was an embryo, I would be tempted to vote against him just because incumbents are annoying.

The guy looks worse than Strom Thurman ever did; he looks like the undead or a ghost.

....or maybe a spectre! (rimshot)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see how far his attempt to save his own hode gets him...

JimmyV said...

In the democratic primaries, all his competitors have to do is show the pictures of him and Bush or Santorum. Those guys will be like anchors now.

Anonymous said...

Jim, do you think you're being a little unfair criticizing Specter for the way he looks post-cancer? I hope I look that good and deal with cancer that well, should it ever befall me.

JimmyV said...

My opinion about him is based on the fact that he is a career politician who has been a Senator almost the entirety of my life. I was also not too fond of Strom Thurmond, even though I agreed with him on many issues. I am allowed to have an opinion about anyone and anything in this country. No doubt that I have more to learn about Christian charity, however, so thank you for the correction.