Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rejoice, He is Risen!

What a blessed Triduum! We made it to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil. I'm lovin' our parish even if the liturgies still couldn't adhere to all of the rubrics (Is it so hard to find 12 men to get their feet washed?). Due to our participation as teachers in RCIA, I had a small connection to the newly baptized and confirmed. The reborn always fill me with hope and give me a chance to repeatedly quote Chesterton. "Here comes everybody."

I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Rob said...

At least we had 12 males, if not men. Though, somewhat inexplicably, our parish decided to use the Mass of the Lord's Supper to whip out a glass chalice. Isn't the liturgy your primary role, dude? If I did toxicology like you do the liturgy, half our employees would be dead by now.

JimmyV said...

John was pretty young when the whole thing came to pass. This is why I'm glad future priests tended to have real jobs before their calls. Maybe than can impart some practicality to their liturgies.