Monday, January 12, 2009

What are you trying to catch?

Should any woman wear fishnet stockings to work? Apparently, fishnets are the latest attempt by fashion designers to take something 'edgy' and mainstream it. Within a week of picking up a magazine for women who are professionals (not to be confused with professional women) and reading that fishnets are a fashion necessity, I saw a co-worker wearing them at work. The magazine set the 'standard' as holes smaller than half an inch so that the stockings are still classy and my co-worker's stockings meet this standard. Now, I greatly appreciate when women dress like women in any situation, but modesty would seem a necessity at work. I'm hoping that my co-workers don't see the recent campaign by Bebe and start showing up to work with handcuffs.

No comments: